The 2012-13 school year is well under way now. Students, teachers, and staff are getting used to the routine of the school year. Last week was busy with Freshmen Orientation (see picture above) and the 1st day of school. We capped off the week with a Spirit March (pictured at right) and a Pep Assembly Friday.
Our sports teams are already in full swing:
- Girls Tennis is 5 - 1 (2-0 WBL).
- Boys Golf finished 2nd in the Mercer County Meet, has competed in 3 other Invitationals, and is 0-3 in regular season duals.
- Girls Golf finished 3rd in three of the four Invitationals they have played and are 1-0 in regular season competition.
- Boys Soccer lost their first match to a very good Findlay team and resumes play tonight @ home.
- Girls Soccer is 1-2 and starts league action on Tuesday night.
- The Football team won their opening contest on Friday night 46-26 against Versailles.
- Girls Volleyball begins action on Tuesday night at home against St. Henry.
We have hired four new teachers over the summer:
- Mrs. Michelle Voress will be teaching Sports Physiology this year. She was our athletic trainer last year and will continue in that capacity as well this school year.
- Mr. Steven Hricko is a new Science teacher. He has 3 years teaching experience from Talawanda Middle School.
- Mr. Ryan Parrish will be teaching Special Education in the mornings and will be teaching Architectural and Engineering Drafting in the afternoon. He has been teaching for several years at Fort Loramie High School.
- Mr. Jason Lammers will be teaching Weightlifting classes in the mornings this school year. He has been teaching at West Elementary in Celina for two years as a half-time PE teacher.
Also over the summer, we hired a new secretary. Now, the first person you will see when you enter the high school office is Mrs. Kassie Holstad. Kassie was formerly an elementary teacher in our district before she left the teaching field to become a cosmetologist. She is excited for her new role in our district!
Despite the many changes over the summer at CHS, many things stay the same... we are still dedicated to doing what's best for our students. We are committed to implementing a variety of technology in the classroom and creating positive learning environments for all students.
For all the latest CHS news, including daily announcements, subscribe to our blog posts by entering your email address in the window on the right side of the page.
Let's make it a GREAT YEAR!