Tuesday, November 16, 2010

We Love Trimesters...

As we near the end of our first ever TRIMESTER at CHS, I think it is appropriate to discuss how students and staff have adjusted to the change.  The underlying theme here is... "We love trimesters!"
Have we had some bumps in the road?  YES!  Have there been challenges and even some problems to work through?  Of course!  But, the one thing we have tried to do is continue to keep the best interests of the students in mind.  We have tweaked a few things along the way, and the teachers are already discussing how they might change some things for 2nd trimester.  All in all, trimesters has been a positive change because it has allowed teachers more time to get 'in depth' with their lessons, it has lightened the workload for students (only 5 classes instead of 7), and almost everyone will tell you it has made the day go faster!  These are just a few of the positives.
No scheduling system is perfect, but we certainly do 'love the trimesters'.  Watch this short video for more...

2 comments:

  1. I actually enjoyed the Trimester! You're probably thinking that I liked it because I have labs. Believe it or not, but some of my classes don't have labs or they have very few. I have to teach the whole period just like all of you. I feel satisfied after this trimester because it made me a better teacher. There are things that I need to change and because of the trimesters, I will. I will admit that I've always needed to change but usually it was put off until next year and the next and the next........... I looked at this as a challenge and I won this round!!!(well, most of it) Onward to the next!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete